Moldy House, Moldy Car, Mold in General

By TomL

Humans and mold don’t get along too well in the same house. If you start sneezing, coughing, runny nose, sore throat, skin irritation, sore or irritated eyes, headaches, diarrhea, nausea or you just don’t feel right, they could be symptoms to mold exposure. What do you do? Well I looked it up on the internet. There is so much info there, even methods of getting rid of or “do it yourself” eliminating the mold.

One fix is household bleach, (internet formula) and to mix 1 cup bleach to a gallon of water, protect your eyes, nose and skin and apply with a spray bottle. Another fix is vinegar. It’s all natural and can’t really hurt you. It will kill 75% of the different types of mold, but never mix vinegar with bleach for it will create a toxic effect. But you can mix hydrogen peroxide and or baking soda, other mold deterrents with vinegar, but use the vinegar straight, no water, don’t dilute it. Spray it on and let it sit. It is actually better to leave it on if you can stand the odor, otherwise you can wipe it off after an hour using plain water or with some regular detergent. If you vacuum the mold wear a mask and use a special filter that is designed for that. It has a special real fine mesh filter.

If the mold comes, back repeat the process as many times as needed. You can use the same vinegar solution on clothes that you were wearing when spray and treating the mold.

Check all this information on the internet or consult with a specialist. I am not a chemist and not responsible for this information being wrong or misused.